Re: Graphic import problem

Eric,

If you can coerce FrameMaker to import a native Illustrator file,
it is only because the particular file looks like a .EPS file without
a preview. This is not true in the general case, particularly since
Illustrator 7 or so. There are PostScript headers added to the .AI
file to make it a .EPS file. If you try importing a .AI file into
FrameMaker, you get a prompt requesting an identification as to
what type of file it is. FrameMaker purposely does not automatically
assume that a .AI file is a valid .EPS file. If you respond to the
prompt claiming that the particular file is in .EPS format, FrameMaker
then attempts to validate that the file is indeed a kosher .EPS file
sans preview. With recent versions of Illustrator, this will not be
the case and FrameMaker generates the appropriate error message.

        - Dov