Attach hidden data to sections of a document?

I am not currently a Frame user; I am considering which tool to choose for
my company's particular documentation needs.

In FrameMaker (or FrameMaker+SGML), I understand that I can attach tags and
keywords to a document and these tags and keywords can be converted to HTML
or XML metadata tags--is that right? Here's the real question: Can I attach
the keywords and hidden data to *individual sections* of a document as well?
So that the individual sections could get converted to individual HTML
documents with *different* metadata from each other?

If this question isn't clear, please let me know and I'll try again. I've
been asking this question everywhere for weeks now and getting nothing.
Hoping you folks can shed some light.

 - SA

 ----

Sylvia Allen