Re: From Access database to MIF

At 02:04 PM 1/4/00 -0500, Windham, Steve wrote:
>I have a question about moving information from an Access database into
>FrameMaker.  I was told by a tech support rep at Adobe that the FrameMaker
>developers kit could be used to create a filter for an Access database that
>would "wrap MIF around the information coming in from the database,"
>(assigning formatting to it, for example) so that the database could
>essentially "populate" a FrameMaker document.
>
>Does this indeed sound like a feasible approach?

Not very feasible, particularly if, as you describe, the database schema is
being frequently updated, which means FDK work each time a schema change is
made.

I have a paper on database publishing with FrameMaker and UniMerge. If you
request it, I'll send it as a MIME-encoded email attachment (Acrobat 3.0 PDF).
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646