centering table captions

I am trying to center the table headings so that they are centered over the
table. However it still doesn't look like they are exactly centered. It
appears that only the title text is being centered and not the automatically
generated part (the part that says "table" and the number) Is there any way
to center the title so that both parts are being centered.  The table title
is defined as a paragraph style and the alignment is centered.  I tried
selecting the text and centering it using the toolbar icon but that didn't
seem to work.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.