Please, colleagues, no more copies of Warnock's address!

When Warnock's speech opened in Netscape it promptly locked up so I couldn't
save from Exchange or anything.  (Reboot city, hence my reluctance to
fiddle.)

Now four kind framers have sent me Warnock.pdf as an attachment.  Thanks my
necessarily anonymous friends.  You can all stop now.

A document copyright to Brad; really, I thought the content was copyright
John Warnock and the best Brad can hope for is copyright in his particular
representation (a PDF file).  A coven of lawyers could probably argue that a
recording of Robert de Niro reading the text would constitute a different
representation in which Brad could have no copyright.  (YOu can only
copyright content in a particular FORM.)  Anybody got Bob's number?  Like
all speech rendered into text, it badly needs a good copy edit.  The words
Brad was having trouble transcribing are 'Hollerith' after the late lamented
Herman and 'EBCDIC' after the ever-present and unlamented IBM.  God, what it
is to be old and to have been there at the time.

[FrameMaker 5.5.3, Windows 98, HP OmniBook 2100]

Regards,
Hedley Finger
Technical Writer

Ericsson Australia Pty Ltd