FM feature suggestion: MML enhancment

Mark Hilton & FM Feature Folks,

May I suggest that in the next version of FM, the MML capabilities need
to be significantly strengthened.

My concern relates to getting database output into FM.

MML is a terrific tool, as far as it goes.  However, there have been
several times when we simply chose not to attempt to use FM for the
output formatting of complex documents because MML did not give us a
robust enough pathway from the database to FM.

If I were really believed in Santa, I would hope for some kind of ODBC &
JDBC tool/compatibility for direct database connectivity -- at least in
the database --> FM direction.

There are quite a few projects which I would only consider publishing
using FM.  However, they are also projects for which I would only
consider using a database for data collection and management.  However,
since these books would be complex (mix of text, illustrations, and
complex tables) I have not even attempted.

I know that they are third-party database connectivity tools, however,
from the price information that I have seen, they do not make financial
sense for the particular projects that I have in mind.

Jay

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: Jay@JaySmith.com