Re: WWP and support

Thanks for the thoughtful analysis; I think it is right on target. Your last
paragraph deals with my biggest problem with the latest WebWorks Publisher
upgrade: its price! I can normally be induced to buy an upgrade, especially
with the promise of new features, bug fixes, etc. But I was disappointed
that the upgrade price was the same as I paid for the original version!
Although I enthusiastically recommended WebWorks 4 to several of my clients
(2 of which bought multiple licenses), I am hesitant to recommend the
upgrade because of its cost. I can't ever remember seeing an upgrade for any
software cost as much as the original version. I understand that the retail
price of the software went up, but I look at a lower upgrade cost as a
"reward" for those that bought earlier versions and often suffered through
bugs, quirky interfaces, and incomplete features. Besides, if I buy one
upgrade, I will buy more; a reasonable price will make an upgrade addict for
life.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
716 659-8267