RE: Another Direction (WasRe: Adobe Magazine and FM ) - LONG

First, thanks for all of the suggestions and show of support--and now on to
ideas and task planning.

1. I have queried Mark Hilton regarding the use of the _Frame of Reference_
name, should we decide to resurrect it. However, I am in favor of us
considering suggestions for other names.

2. This e-zine will be web-based only.

3. The e-zine will be free for anyone with web access.

4. Although initially unfunded, I would be in favor of moving to an ad
revenue-based position in the next year to offset costs and provide some
compensation to the _short_ list of permanent contributors--an Editor, a
production editor/manager, and a production designer.

5. I have set up the email account: mailto:frame@haysdesign.com (available
as of Monday 8/9/99) for all correspondence relating to this activity.
[Other contact information until then: daytime, east coast USA,
mailto:kk7777@dfa.state.ny.us, nights and weekends,
mailto:dhays@haysdesign.com.] Once I have secured server space, I will
notify these lists of the permanent email address for me and other permanent
contributors.

6. Applications are now being accepted for the production manager and
production designer positions. These are VOLUNTEER positions and will remain
uncompensated until such time (and if) the e-zine moves to a
revenue-producing enterprise.

The production editor/manager will review all material for completeness and
accuracy and assist in placing material on the web site. Also, the
production editor/manager has 1 vote in all matters relating to the e-zine
and submissions (each of the 3 positions has 1 vote).

The production designer has responsibility for all matters relating to the
design of the web site--graphics, layout, colors, etc., and also has 1 vote.

The editor (me) has overall responsibility for the content and design of the
e-zine and all matters relating to the day-to-day business activities of
this enterprise (also has 1 vote).

7.  The 3 voting permanent positions ensure that decisions are made
democratically--there can be no ties.

8. I will move immediately to secure adequate web space for the e-zine (all
3 permanent contributors will have FTP access).

9. I will notify these lists when the time is appropriate to submit queries
for articles, tips, case studies, and so forth.

10. Anyone feeling that they have the talent, drive, commitment, and
abilities can apply for the 2 open positions: production editor/manager and
production designer (remember these are uncompensated, volunteer positions).
I would expect to fill these positions within the next two weeks.

11. Since this is a fast-track enterprise, I would want to have the web site
design nearly finalized by September 18th.

12. Those of you wishing to submit queries for possible articles, tips,
etc., should expect to do so starting the end of next week.

13. In the meantime, suggestions, wishes for good luck, complaints, flames,
and excess good karma can be sent to the email addresses noted in #5 above.

Dennis

P.S. For the time being, if you respond to this posting and it's of concern
to all, post to one or both framers lists. However, specific responses
should be sent to me as in #5.