Re: FYI: framemaker-feedback traffic to date

In the [bad?] old mainframe days (and maybe it still happens) new
software releases would be accompanied by a painstaking list of all the
known defects.  Embarrassment wasn't an issue; customers with
penalty-clause contracts who were paying megabucks wanted to know
exactly where the potholes lay.

On the other hand, some years later I recall rejecting Interleaf (our
first choice because of its underlying design and extendability), in
favor of FrameMaker, when the former arrived with a 74-page defect
report.

Still, I'd rather know about the potholes!  FrameMaker has no real
competition that I know about (sorry, Interleaf) for producing large
manuals, so the litany isn't likely to to turn me away.
--
"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it
has taken place"  --G. B. Shaw

CRONE CONSULTING - Technical Writing / Editing / Design / QA
Carolyn Stallard - cstallard@contractor.net / Phone: 831-475-0466