ADV: Master Page Use in FrameMaker and FrameMaker+SGML

	<< WARNING: BEGIN BLATANT ADVERTISEMENT >>

Framers -

There have been a few postings recently on the lack of automation for
associating master pages and paragraph tags (or tables, actually from
the recent thread).

My company created a utility program (which we named "MasterPager") that
does precisely this for FrameMaker+SGML, and are actively working on the
version for FrameMaker alone.

For some information about the SGML version, there is a brief outline (a
6 page PDF document, approx. 37 KB) available on our web page describing
the general operation and features of the tool.  Notably, the utility is
controlled by a separate table which the user simply edits to define new
conversion 'classes', or modify the parameters for existing definitions.

For more info on the existing tool, see

	http://www.infocon.com/index.html#Utilities

However, in light of the recent discussions about the general need for
this feature in FrameMaker, I'm looking for feedback about what specific
needs people see, including but not limited to:

1. Associating a specific master page with one (or more) paragraph tags

2. automatic 'this page blank' design for the LAST page of files if
   they have no content

3. Tables (or Figures) switching to a landscape page if they are wider
   than the text column where they are currently postioned

4. If more than one tag applies on a given page, what takes precedence
   - first found
   - last found
   - some other way of deciding?

Please respond directly to    lsmalley@infocon.com    NOT TO THE LIST to
provide feedback/input.

Thank you all in advance for your time and insights.

	<< END BLATANT ADVERTISEMENT >>

- Lester
 Lester C. Smalley                    | email:  lsmalley@infocon.com
 Information Consultants, Inc.        | Phone:  (302) 239-2942 ext-13
 Hockessin, DE 19707-0310             | FAX:    (302) 239-1712