Re: A Solution to the Master Page Switching Problem

You couldn't be more wrong Mullins. First of all, I initiated this thread,
and specifically mentioned Ricks capability to solve it. Second, even if
Rick had initiated it, it would be completely appropriate to do so. After
all, there is no solution to the problem being discussed except through some
sort of 3rd-party product, and anyone who can offer such a solution is an
asset to the list.
At 07:01 AM 7/27/99 -0700, Charlie Mullins wrote:
>Rick Quatro wrote:
>>
>> Hello Framers,
>>
>> I think there are two kinds of issues being discussed here. One, is changing
>> the master page based on page content. When the page content moves, the
>> correct master page is reapplied to fit the content. As Dan mentioned, this
>> is very possible with FrameScript (or an API client plug-in).
>>-----------------------Snip
>> If you have an interest in this type of script, e-mail me a small document
>> and tell me which master pages should be applied to what formats. I will
>> modify my prototype to work with your template. The cost would depend on the
>> complexity, but it would be very reasonable. I am not going to give this one
>> away at shareware prices, but if your job requires a lot of switching
>> between master pages, the script will pay for itself in a matter of DAYS.
>> Note: FrameScript ($149US, www.FrameTools.com) is required to run
>> FrameScript scripts.

>Shouldn't a message like this have [ADV] in the subject line?
>
>--
>
>Charlie Mullins
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646