Re: run-in paragraph headings

At 08:25 AM 6/14/99 -0600, Lucie Larose wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I'm trying to create a paragraph tag that autonumbers at the end of a
>sentence.  I tried using the pagination tab where you can specify to
>Run-In Head, but what that does is pull the next tag up into the
>autonumbering tag, instead of appending my autonumber tag to the end of
>the previous sentence (which is what I want).
In the Numbering panel of the Paragraph Designer, choose End of Paragraph
from the Position menu. Then, depending on the paragraph alignment (Left,
Center, or Right) You'll probably have to adjust the Right indent in the
Basic panel as follows:

1. If the alignment is right, no adjustment is required unless you want to
offset the number from the right edge, in which case set the Right indent
for the amount of offset.

2. If the alignment is left, set the right indent so the autonumber appears
where you want it.

3. If the alibnment is Center, turn on View > Text Symbols, and insert an
empty centered paragraph above the paragraph with the autonumber at the end.
Then, set the Right indent of the paragraph with the autonumber at the end
so the text of the paragraph is centered around the paragraph symbol of the
empty paragraph above it. Finally, delete the empty paragraph.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646