Translation Question

I have a client who is getting a large number of documents translated from
English into languages (e.g., Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, Cyrilic, Urdu, obscure
Asian languages) which FM+SGML does not support. In these cases, there is a
tentative plan to deliver the documents as SGML (produced by FM+SGML) to the
translators, and the translators would return the translated docs as
Unicoded SGML. Then, all the client would have to do (I say that naively) is
to find a print engine that can import the Unicoded SGML and render it in
the appropriate Unicode language fonts.

The assumption is that a hybrid SGML/XML declaration (the one for XML
specifies Unicode) could be created which would be used for handling the
SGML document instances.

1. Has anyone done it this way, and if so, how did the translators produce
Unicoded output, and what Unicode/SGML-aware print engine did you use?

2. If not, does it sound feasible?

3. If it's not feasible, can anyone recommend an alternative method?

Assuming that others may be interested, I will summarize the responses.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646