FrameMaker on Linux

This whole discussion of FM on Linux leaves me quite confused.

To run FM natively on UNIX you must have the hardware and operating system
for which a particular flavor of UNIX was compiled. This is why FM is available
in several UNIX versions (SunOS, Solaris [SPARC], HP/UX, Irix, etc.)

I am not aware of a version of FM compiled for Solaris x86. Without this, you can't run
FM natively on a Solaris x86 box.

Same holds true for Linux (any flavor). I don't know of an FM compiled for use with
Linux on any hardware architecture.

If FM for SPARC uses just the standard libraries, you might be able to run it
on Linux for the SPARC platform. But, then, why not just run Solaris (SPARC)
on the machine and be done with it? (You can get a "developer" version of Solaris
for SPARC machines very inexpensively, as has been pointed out.)

The notion of running an X server locally to view the output of a remote X client
(such as FM running natively on a remote SPARC machine) is beside the point.
This is a standard application of the distributed X Window System and brings nothing
new to the table.

If anyone has any additional information or corrections to this, I'd love to see it.

Sincerely,
Ezra