Re: Using Frame with Caldera Summary

| Another posted that you can get a full copy of Sun Solaris Intel for free
| for personal use.  You can then use Frame with confidence under Solaris.
| But another person said that Frame's Solaris version on works on Sparcs.
| (I haven't checked out the latest on this one.)

FrameMaker for Solaris is a SPARC specific compiled program, technically
reported (on my Solaris 2.6 SPARCstaion) as an:

maker: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, stripped

So it expects a SPARC processor, SPARC dynamic link libraries, ...

It is _extremely_ unlikely that it would be able to run on a Solaris-X86 PC,
unless the X86 implementation somehow permits remapping hardware instructions.
And if it does, it will suffer some performance penalty (WAG*: 10-15 percent).

- Lester
 Lester C. Smalley                    | email:  lsmalley@infocon.com
 Information Consultants, Inc.        | Phone:  (302) 239-2942 ext-13
 Hockessin, DE 19707-0310             | FAX:    (302) 239-1712
 * * * Adobe Certified Export -- FrameMaker and FrameMaker+SGML * * *

INFOCON is a Premium VAR for Adobe, Sun, and related hardware/software
 dedicated to providing integrated office solutions for productivity.