Re: Can Linux (Caldera) and Frame Co-Exist

Hi,

I haven't actually tried using Frame on Linux, but I would be interested in any summary you may
be prepared to put together. I have used Linux (Red Hat) through a couple of kernel versions but I
have always assumed that the Adobe stance towards *other* platforms precluded any ports to
Linux.

If anyone is using a Unix version I should especially like to know how they made the transition.

Alan

On 8 Jun 99, at 8:16, Jerilynne Sander wrote:

> Dear Framers
>
> I know that there have been postings about people using Frame with various
> flavors of Linux, with varying degrees of success. But, of course, I
> didn't need to know that information--at least I didn't *think I did*.
> (Big Grin)
>
> We've recently installed Caldera Open Linux and want to see if we're going
> to be able to run FrameMaker. I don't want to get all excited and go
> purchase a Unix license, then find out we really blew it (I blow it enough
> without that kind of help!).
>
> I would appreciate knowing if:
>
> Any of you are using Frame with Linux
> If you are, which version(s) of Frame you are using and which version(s)
> of Linux
>
> If I receive any responses, I would be happy to summarize them for the
> list if there is any interest.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Jerilynne Sander, FrameMaker A.C.E.
> Simply Written, Inc.
> Creators of the Clustar Method (tm) for single source documentation
> NEW PHONE NUMBER: 317-562-9298
> jsander@simplywritten.com
> http://www.simplywritten.com

Alan T Litchfield