Re: Convert from Pagemaker to Framemaker?

If you open a PageMaker document and select some text, you
can "Export Text" to RTF and a few other formats. You can
export a "story" at a time.

You are correct that you cannot directly open or import
PageMaker files in or into FrameMaker. These two products
were never designed with the idea that conversions would
occur between them. They were designed and implemented for
exceptionally different marketplaces.

Depending upon the "lifetime" of the document or documents
in question, it might be worth it to have one Windows license
for PageMaker 6.5Plus for your NT systems for purposes of
"end of life" support for existing PageMaker documents. The
cost of one license can be very quickly overshadowed by the
cost of labor in converting documents for which there is not
a large amount of editorial change to be subsequently performed.

	- Dov