Announce: ATypI Conference Boston

>PRE-PUBLICATION PRIORITY BOOKING FORM AT THE END OF THIS MESSAGE
COMPLETE IT AND SEND IT TO THE ATYPI CONFERENCE OFFICE BEFORE 23RD JUNE FOR
>****DISCOUNTED**** EARLY REGISTRATION CONCESSIONS!

ATypI 1999 Annual Conference 7-10 October 1999 at
Bayside Expo & Convention Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

>Renowned type designers to be co-chairmen
Renowned type designers, David Berlow and Matthew Carter, already sometime
collaborators, will be co-chairmen of the conference. Their breadth of
expertise, contacts and knowledge is guaranteed to produce an inspired
conference programme and the best type event ever.

>The conference programme
The detailed programme will be published shortly. A full range of
lectures, discussions, workshops, demonstrations, bookshops, social events
and exhibitions will be available for you to choose from and, as you have
come to expect from ATypI, there will also be some new and surprise
elements to look forward to.

>Ed Tufte is to be the keynote speaker
Many speakers are being invited and will be announced as they confirm.
Some of those who have already confirmed their acceptance are: Fud Benson,
Roger Black, Hrant Papazian, Plazm, Erik Spiekerman, Sumner Stone, Gerard
Unger

>About ATypI and its conferences
ATypI conferences provide a place where the hottest type and
information about type is available and the best-known and brightest
luminaries of the type world gather. At ATypI conferences, international
friendships are created and renewed, all opinions can be aired, and for all
the answers you find, you¹ll find more questions to ask. Come and enjoy
the uniquely stimulating, communicative and fun atmosphere of an ATypI
conference in Boston, the birthplace of American printing.

ATypI is the only world-wide organisation dedicated to typography and
typefaces. Contact ATypI for information about how to become a member.

>www.atypi.org
The ATypI web site is currently under significant development. When
re-launched
it will become the central focus of the international type world.
Information
about the conference and all ATypI activities will be found there. Keep your
eye out for the launch date and visit regularly to stay up to date.

>About Boston
Boston is America¹s Walking City and is a fabulous destination. It offers
a wide array of diverse and interesting attractions including many museums,
concert halls, theatres, restaurants and nightclubs. Its role in shaping
American history is unique among all other cities. Many opportunities exist
for pre- and post-conference tours, perhaps enjoying the wonderful colours
of New England during the Fall, travelling through the mountains of Vermont,
or exploring the coastal resorts of Cape Cod or Martha¹s Vineyard. Boston is
highly accessible from all parts of the United States, and also from Europe
and further afield, with many inexpensive flights being available.

>Accommodation
You should arrange your accommodation as early as possible; a full range of
options can be found by visiting www.boston.com. Why not consider getting
together with a friend or associate and sharing accommodation in order to
keep your costs as low as possible?

>Registration fees
                    Members   Non-members   Under 28    Student
Before 23 June       £320      £365          £220        £150
Before 30 July        £340      £385         £220       £150
Before 20 September  £380       £415          £220        £150
Late registrations    £400       £425         £240        £170

>How to register
Please complete the form below, writing clearly in black ink, and return it
to the Conference Office before Wednesday 23 June to benefit from the
priority
pre-publication non-members registration fee of £365 (see table above for
full
range of registration options). Make sure you return your form as quickly as
possible, fully completed, to benefit from the specially reduced fees!

>Please register me for the 1999 ATypI Annual Conference

First name
---

Family name
---

Title (Mr, Ms, other)
---

Organisation
---

Job title
---

Address
---

---

Town/city
---

Postcode                            State/county
-----------------------------------              ---------------------------
---

Country
---

Telephone (including country code)
---

Fax
---

Email
---

I authorise you to charge my credit card with the sum of £
                                                          ------------------
----
(Visa or Mastercard only)

Card number
---

Expiry date of card
---

Cardholder¹s name
---

Cardholder¹s address if different from registration address
---

---

---

Signature
---

Please use a separate form for each person
We will send you a receipted invoice as confirmation of booking

I look forward to hearing from you

Sharon Irving, Executive Director, ATypI
(Association Typographique Internationale)

Mark Barratt
Text Matters
   Information design: we help explain things using
   language, design, system and process improvement
+44 (0)118 986 8313
http://www.textmatters.com
markb@textmatters.com