Re: Mapping SGML element tags.

At 01:44 PM 5/28/99 -0700, Tatsuo Yamada wrote:

>We are currently in the process of migrating from FrameMaker 5.5 to
>FrameMaker+SGML 5.5. Is there a way to map the paragraph and character tags
>found in the original Frame document so that it automatically converts to
>SGML? Or is there another way to convert a Frame document into SGML with a
>valid element structure without having to manually tag each
>character/paragraph? Please respond to me directly. Thanks in advance.
Refer to Appendix A in the FM+SGML Developer's Guide (an on-line manual).
This appendix describes how to use structure rules tables to convert
unstructured docs to structured ones. There are several provisos, however:

1. You won't get very good results unless the unstructured document is very
consistently tagged.

2. You must have a very clear vision of the structure you're trying to produce.

3. If you're using an existing DTD/EDD, it's not too likely that the
structure you can produce with structure rules tables will agree with the
DTD/EDD's required structure. Aver conversion by the structure rules, you'll
probably have to do considerable cleanup work to make it conform to the EDD.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646