Re: re:Little Mystery Squares

Framers,

Why wait for Adobe? Here is a simple FrameScript script that removes empty
text lines from the current document. Of course, it could be modified to
delete empty text frames as well.

Set vGraphic = FirstGraphicInDoc;
Loop While(vGraphic)
  Set vNextGraphic = vGraphic.NextGraphicInDoc;
  If vGraphic.ObjectName = 'TextLine'
    If vGraphic.Text = ''
      Delete Object(vGraphic);
    EndIf
  EndIf
Set vGraphic = vNextGraphic;
EndLoop

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
frameexpert@mindspring.com
FrameScript Information at www.mindspring.com/~frameexpert

Adobe: A tool to automatically remove empty Text LINES as descibed below
would be appreciated. In fact, a tool to automatically remove empty text
FRAMES, i.e. those created with the Graphics Text Frame Tool, would also be
nice.

These "boxes" you describe (see snip below) are the remnants of clicking the
Graphics Text Line Tool on the page and then not entering any text (or later
deleting all the text). It is an empty object. I sometimes find dozens of
them inside anchored frames when I get files from indecisive writers who
click about madly with the text tool.

<<snip>>