Re: FrameMaker end-of-section marker

1. Create each topic in a separate file.
2. Create a "skeleton" file for the entire chapter.
3. Import each topic as a text inset imported by reference into the
"skeleton" file. Now, whenever you change or add something to a topic file,
the "skeleton" file will be updated each time you open it to reflect the
latest versions of all the topic files.

At 10:26 AM 5/18/99 -0500, Deyo, Steve wrote:
>My team has chosen to break up static chapters into dynamic "topics" based
>on level 1, 2 and 3 heads and subheads so we can more flexibly mix and match
>content. We've also chosen to abandon Word for FrameMaker. Two cheers...!
>
>However, there's a boo (or at least a bugaboo). FrameMaker's pesky
>end-of-section marker, which is automatically posted at the end of every new
>file, now forces every topic in a book to start at the top of a page. (A
>topic can be a level 3 subhead section that's as short as several
>sentences.) There seems to be no way to delete or replace the end-of-section
>marker (the squiggly section symbol, ANSI code 0167) or force copy flow to
>keep together (as it would within a Frame file but not between them).
>
>Does anyone have any creative options to resolve this? We have a workaround
>but any method that will eliminate manual intervention is going to make us
>very happy.
>
>Thank you kindly,
>
>Steve Deyo
>steve.deyo@compaq.com
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646