I wanted to change some Frame settings in Frame for Mac (specifically, the
location of the SGML default directory in FM+SGML, but this applies to
anything that would be changeable via the Windows INI file).

Two ideas (use aliases for redirection and play with the binary Frames Prefs
file) from the list didn't work. Adobe's response:

<<
The behavior is not logged as a bug. FM+SGML on the Macintosh platform does
not support the relocation of the "sgml" folder, nor follows aliases to one.

As a result of this, I have logged this as enhancement request#299340.   As
you may already know, enhancement requests are reviewed periodically and may
be considered for inclusion in a future release of FrameMaker, but I am
unable to guarantee when or if this will be implemented.

So that's that.

Thanks for the help.
Mark Barratt
Text Matters
   Information design: we help explain things using
   language, design, system and process improvement
+44 (0)118 986 8313
http://www.textmatters.com
markb@textmatters.com