Re: custom table cell shading continued

At 05:27 PM 3/25/99 -0700, Grant wrote:
>Yup, it does, and you will want to activate that feature when you
>print for a Docutech unless you use no other colors in your document.
>If you do not select Spot Color as Black and White, you will end up
>with dithered greyscale for all your spot colours.
>
>Grant
>At 06:53 PM 3/25/99 -0500, Allyson Harris wrote:
>>

>>Thanks, Jay, for the posting to the list.  A couple of people had
>requested
>>a step-by-step from me directly so I was in the midst of drafting it
>for
>>the frame list when your message popped up, saving me the trouble.
>>
>>I did want to add that one Framer tells me that the custom color
>trick
>>(creating a custom color of 20% black by selecting View, Color,
>>Definitions) creates problems if you select Spot Color as Black and
>White
>>in the Print dialog. In that case, he said you'll get a table cell
>that's
>>solid black, at least in V5.1.x.
>>
>>We don't do color separations at my company so I'm assuming this
>won't be a
>>problem for us. Has anyone else seen this problem?
I'm the one who warned Allyson Harris about this problem, which I assume is
also a problem in V5.5.x. Grant Hogarth pointed out one reason (unrelated to
color separations) when you need to use Spot Color as Black and White. You
also need to use it when your FM document uses colored text, and you need to
print in black and white, otherwise, some colors print as white or faint gray.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646