Re: InDesign and Frame

Dov wrote:
>> (4) I cannot comment on the web page, but maybe FrameMaker users
>> are considered to be too sophisticated to be woo'ed by flash-and-glitter
>> on the home page.

And Adam replied:
>I think you overestimate us. I think many of us would find it heart warming
>to see Frame mentioned at least in passing. I generally don't take it as a
>good sign when a product isn't marketed on the company's home page.

Two comments:

(1) FrameMaker was featured on Adobe's home page for quite a while last
autumn
-- they used the graphic from the 5.5 User Guide and described FM's key
features.

(2) I suspect that, rightly or wrongly, Adobe is marketing FM as a
heavy-duty product and using its in-house consultants and its VARs to move
the product. When is the last time you saw a bulldozer advertised on
prime-time television?

LTM

(Mr) Lindsey Thomas Martin, Publication Production
The Fraser Institute  http://www.fraserinstitute.ca
2nd floor, 626 Bute Street, Vancouver BC  V6E 3M1 Canada
Tel: (604) 688-0221 x335  Fax: (604) 688-8539
office e-mail: ltm@istar.ca  home e-mail: lmartin@sfu.ca