Re: InDesign and Frame

Debbi,

Your questions are very good. Some insight into the products
and some of the operational questions you ask.

(1) InDesign is NOT a replacement for FrameMaker. There is a subset
of FrameMaker usage that could be assumed by InDesign 1.0, but that
would not be sufficient for "heavy" users of FrameMaker, especially
if you use tables and the conditional capabilities within a FrameMaker
document.

(2) No cross-product strategy has been announced for FrameMaker
and InDesign. Adobe obviously is not going to comment on InDesign 2.0
before InDesign 1.0 even ships.

(3) I suspect that most service bureaus of any consequence will
eventually have at least one copy of InDesign. However, may I suggest
that composite PDF files from InDesign would be a better alternative
than sending source files to your service bureau.

(4) I cannot comment on the web page, but maybe FrameMaker users
are considered to be too sophisticated to be woo'ed by flash-and-glitter
on the home page.
				8-)>

	- Dov