Re: Document Management - Lessons Learned

Steve,

Unless you are running a very old version of NetWare (version 3
or earlier) as your NOS (network operating system), there should
be no problem whatsoever accessing long filenames. However, you
must configure NetWare to do this. NetWare's "out of the box"
filename support is 8.3 for old MS-DOS. If you load either OS/2 or
Windows'95 namespace support, your Windows'9X and NT systems will
have the full ability to perform file operations on the NetWare
server with long filenames. Support for long filenames under
NetWare 3 is a bit dicier, but you still might be able to get
away with specifying OS/2 namespace support to get long filenames
for Windows'9X and NT.

	- Dov