Re: ppd file for NT or Win 95

At 3/3/99 06:20 AM , Jodoin Robert wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>Q: How do you have to change a ppd file made for Win95 so it will work on
>Win NT?
>
>Background: One of my printing bureaus sent me their ppd file, hoping that I
>can generate PostScript suiting their RIP. They have Win 95, and I have Win
>NT.  When I try to set up the Adobe 5.0 PostScript driver, their PPD file
>just doesn't appear in the printer setup dialog scroll box. My peer here at
>my office has Win 95, and there the ppd is offered.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Robert

There is NO difference in format between the PPDs acceptable to
AdobePS 4.2.x and AdobePS 5.x. Both must be for Adobe PostScript Level 2
or Adobe PostScript 3 devices (including Acrobat Distiller) and you
must point the installer to the directory with the PPD. Obviously, the
PPD file must have the ".ppd" suffix. Note that the PSCRIPT drivers
that ship with Windows'9X and the AdobePS 4.1.x drivers did allow
"Level 1" printers' PPDs.

	- Dov