A new one, Blue Borders inside Table Cells

Framers,

I'm assisting some newbies with heavy Frame deliverables, and they
sometimes get themselves into "interesting" situations.  Here's the most
recent (Frame 5.1.2 on Windows/NT):

1. Somebody crazy left tons of conditional tags in a file that we happened
to pick up as a template.  We're not intending to use them; and some of
them use color.  (I know, I shoulda cleaned it up before letting it out
there ....)
2. One of my newbies started typing in blue (unintentionally started typing
where  a conditional had been).  That I can fix.
3. This file has lots of tables.  In some of them, the cells on certain
rows (always across a row) have a broad blue outline inside the row
rulings.  (Not under the text, however.)  If I copy the cells, the blue
comes with.  It's not visible in the "rulings and shadings" report.  If I
insert another row, the blue is not in the new one, and I can highlight
just the text in the clobbered row (cell by cell), copy and paste into the
new clean row.  But this is tedious and hard on the old carpal tunnel.

I'm somewhat curious as to how they might have done this (it might be a
useful marking technique sometime!!).  But I'm also wondering whether
there's an easier cleanup method.

Anybody seen this before??

Alice Preston
Bellcore