5.5.6 Inconsistent color settings

Finally found breathing space to upgrade from 5.1.2 to 5.5.6 on WinNT.
First book I've tried to generate/update gives that irritating
"Print setting for color Black is inconsistent in <filename>." message
for every stinkin' file in the book after the first.  I have tried
the remedy recommended on the Adobe site and via this list: import
color settings from one file to all--at least twice.  No joy.  I have
tried going into File | Print... | Set Print Separations for each
file, and (after observing that they are all identical) clicking Set.
No joy.

Has anyone found Yet Another Remedy?  I'm about to give up on 5.5.6
and go back to using 5.1.2.
--
Carolyn Stallard
Documentation Manager