Re: FDK Info?? (...doc ->text->FrameScipt)

Jack (and all),

If Cisco can't ante up the FDK costs, who on earth can?

More to the point, consider the possibility of post-MIF processing using
FrameScript, or potentially even going to "normal" text and using
FrameScript.  **Assuming** that you have the ability to add nonsense text
where you want tables, or to tag paragraphs, etc., you could (perhaps with
less heartache than worrying about MIF), write out a text file with embedded
nonsense codes (unique text strings) that FrameScript would use to do the
formatting (& then would delete).

For example....

XXXPARA1This is a headline.
XXXPARA2This is a subhead.
XXXPARA3This is really XXXITALEMPONdryXXXITALEMPOFF text about something or
other.
XXXTBLTAG1START
XXXROWSTART
XXXPARA4This is Row1 Cell1 text.
XXXPARA4This is Row1 Cell2 text.
XXXROWSTOP
XXXROWSTART
XXXPARA4This is Row2 Cell1 text.
XXXPARA4This is Row2 Cell2 text.
XXXROWSTOP
XXXTBLTAG1STOP
XXXPARA1This is the next headline

I have not looked into the xrefs or hyperlink issues, in this regard, so I
have nothing to say about that.

While I have not yet needed to make tables from text 'tagged' as above, I am
sure it can be done.  However, I HAVE DONE the other stuff it does.  There are
complexities, for sure, but it DOES WORK.

So, do you want to mail me a small check now and do the work yourself, or do
you want me to do the work and you mail me a big check?  Eh?

I have taken the liberty of copying this to the FrameScript developer.

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991