Re: Condition applied to text inset not being saved

In order for conditional text tags to work on text insets, they must be
applied to the text inset in its source document, not in the document into
which it is imported. So, in the text inset's source document, you must show
the conditional tag applied to it, else it will disappear there. Then, in
the document that imports the text inset, you hide that same conditional
text tag to make it disappear. The only way to stop this behavior is to
convert the text inset to text in the document into which it was imported.
Then, you can apply the conditional text tag to it in that document.
At 05:09 PM 2/17/99 -0000, ian.saunders@vf.vodafone.co.uk wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm using Frame 5.1 on an HP-UX system.
>
>I have some text insets in my document, imported by reference from the doc's
>own reference page.
>
>I can apply a condition to the insets, and this remains in force while I
>have the doc open (so I can search for it, hide it, etc.) But if I save the
>doc and then reopen it, the condition is no longer applied to the insets!
>
>It is only the insets it disappears from. It stays applied to all other
>normal text. It seems as though the inset "marker" (is there such a thing?)
>cannot be saved with a condition attribute.
>
>Is this a known bug/feature? Does anyone know a workaround? Does this happen
>in Frame 5.5.n?
>
>Any help/advice gratefully received.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Ian Saunders
>Senior Technical Author

>** with "unsubscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.   **

     | Nullius in Verba |