Re: Position of page on paper

At 03:47 PM 2/1/99 -0500, Elise Nantel wrote:
>Hello Framers,
>
>The page size of my print documents is 7 X 8.5 inches. When FM prints
>them on standard paper (8.5 X 11 inches), it centers them on the page.
>My Docutech printer asks if the contents of the documents could be
>positioned in the top left corner of the 8.5 X 11 page, instead of
>centered. Is it possible? Can it be a setting in the maker.ini file?

1. Set the FrameMaker page size to 7 x 8.5"

2. Set up Acrobat Distiller for production printing (there's on on-line help
document on this subject included as part of the Distiller help files).

3. Using the Acrobat Distiller PPD, with the page size set to a custom size of
7 x 8.5", print the FM document to postscript, and distill it to produce
PDF. The page size of the PDF will be 7 x 8.5"

4. Send the PDF to your Docutech printer.

     | Nullius in Verba |