Re: Page Colour

David,

This assumes that you are creationg for on-screen viewing.  If not, remember
that your printer may not be able to print all the way to the edge.

There may be a smarter way (probably), but for quick and dirty, Use Master
Pages.

Following is for Win95, FM 556.

Graphics, Tools.
View, MasterPages.

Use "Tools" to draw a box the size of the page.  Make sure that box is still
selected.  Still using tools (the lower half of them), make sure that the
"pen" is set to None, Change the Color to what you want, Set the Fill to the
percentage that looks good, etc.

You can also define a new color if you need to.  Use View, Color,
Definitions...

You may then need to (make sure box is selected) Graphics, Send to Back - So
that you can deal with the other aspects of your master pages.  Before you do,
select and copy the box so that you can paste it onto other needed master
pages.

Then, View, Body Pages.

Did it work?

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991
Toll-Free Phone in US & Canada:
        1-800-447-8267
Fax: Int+US+336-376-6750

davidgoldfayl@pmsc.com wrote:

> Dear Framers
>
> Platform: Win 95
> Version:  FrameMaker 5.5.6
>
> I've gone through the manuals and can't find an answer to the following
> question. How do I change the page colour in FM? That is to say, I want my pages
> to appear in a muted colour (instead of white) with black text over. For
> example, the look of the WinHelp screens which the Office Assistant in Office 97
> eventually coughs out.
>
> I imagine that this is fairly simple to do and I've somehow missed it ... the
> question is what-and-how?
>
> Thanks in advance
> David Goldfayl

Jay Smith