RE: Search index not available

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Peter Ring wrote:

> [...]

I agree that the advice/solutions are confusing, but in our
case it was filenames in UPPERCASE being the culprit. This
is also what is says in an Adobe support document:

> Acrobat Search running in SunOS cannot connect to or use indexes that
> are uppercase. To make the index available, convert all filenames of
> the index and its associated directory to lowercase.

See http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/SOLUTIONS/5aee.htm

How this will affect your CD production is another matter...

Thomas Michanek, Documentation Manager, Telelogic Tau
Telelogic AB, Teknikringen 9, SE-58330 Linkoping, SWEDEN
PHONE/FAX:  +46 (0)13 200656/212166
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telelogic.com
WWW 1:  http://www.telelogic.com
WWW 2:  http://hem1.passagen.se/framers