Re: Opening Frame files from Windows Explorer

On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 21:45:53 -0500, Jay Smith <jay@jaysmith.com> wrote:

>NOTE: Before you go farther, you *should* be installing 556 instead.
>It is available from Adobe (takes about 7-10 days) and costs something
>like $25 as long as you have a valid license.  However you will still
>have THIS problem, though other problems (that you have not discovered
>yet) will get fixed.

You say 7-10 days?  LOL!!!  I ordered it (and had my credit card
charged immediately) back on Oct 29.  It was promised for Nov 4.
When I checked on Nov 13, I was first told they could not find the
order; then they located it, using the credit card number, and
told me it was "backordered" to ship between "tomorrow" and the
middle of December.  Since then, I've gotten two postcards from
the "Back Order Processing Unit" in Buffalo, NY.  The first told
me to send back the card if I wanted a refund; otherwise it would
ship 12/13.  The second, received 12/7, told me to send back the
card if I *still wanted* the item, otherwise I'd be cancelled.
It said the ship date was 12/27. I suppose that technically this
avoids the $500 FTC fine for shipping more than 30 days after
billing on a credit card, but it still is bad business.

So, rather than the laughable 7-10 days, my experience is 41 days
and holding.  Noah did better.  I'm sure a few people really did
get copies quickly.  That doesn't help the rest of us a bit.

Adobe, get your act together!  Even your good friends are losing
patience with this screwup of a very simple task.

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **