Re: Transparent Backgrounds in Pixmaps

This is not possible with GIF files, as these do not have true transparency.
Or (at least) transparency supported by Frame.

There are only two file formats that do:

*  TIFF 6.0 from Photoshop (not supported by Frame 5.5.3 -- but what about
5.5.6?????????)

*  EPS (which is)

For EPS you must do the following in Photoshop (and appologies, Hedley,  if
you know this already):

1. Covert the image to "grayscale" or rgb rather than index colour (this
happens anyway when you SAVE, but you may as well have some control over the
process, especially if the image IS grey and you want it to remain so).

2. Use the pen tool to create the outline

3. save the path

4. Nominate the path as a "Clipping Path"

(The Clipping Path bit is exactly  the same for TIF 6.0, which doesn't yet
work)

save as eps.

If you are doing colour seps, there's another can of worms but moving rapidly
on........

When you import (by ref) into Frame (esp, on the Mac) make sure the graphic
has NO background colour or NO outline.

Voila.

--
             _   _        Michael Richards
            ( \ / )       Email:  michaelr@ind.tansu.com.au
             |   (        Fax: +61 2 9281 1301
             [___]        Intelligent Network Platforms,
             |oo |        Telstra Corporation, Australia
           ,' \  |
          <___/  |
             |   |
             |   |     HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHICKEN???