Re: Ghost of Drawings Past

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Jim Stauffer wrote:

> Now, when I open this one book file, I get the warning that it
> can't find two of the old TempArt drawings. I tell it to ignore
> and everything's fine. But I want to get rid of this annoying
> glitch. I generated a list of references. Only the new ArtFile
> paths were listed -- there were NO listings for
> the old TempArt files.

Whenever you find yourself in the situation that FrameMaker claims
it can't find something in a document, or that it finds something
strange, and you cannot find the reason for this no matter how you
search and generate lists, here's one way to go:

Save the file to MIF, open the MIF file, resave as binary, and
reopen the binary file. This cleans out "garbage" and possible
corruptions in the file.

If that doesn't cure the problem, open the MIF file in a text
editor and search for the item Frame complains about.
In your case, search the MIF file for the directory name "TempArt".
It may take a little bit of MIF knowledge to interpret the
result and the context, but normally you can find a text string
or something else you recognize just above or below the MIF
statement, that will give you a clue.

Thomas Michanek, Documentation Manager, Telelogic Tau
Telelogic AB, Teknikringen 9, SE-58330 Linkoping, SWEDEN
PHONE/FAX:  +46 (0)13 200656/212166
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telelogic.com
WWW 1:  http://www.telelogic.com
WWW 2:  http://hem1.passagen.se/framers