Re: Cross-Postings to Brad Framers

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 18:07:12 -0700 (MST), Dan Emory <danemory@primenet.com>
wrote:

>I suspect most of us on Free Framers will, for a while at least, continue
>our subscriptions to Brad Framers, perhaps only as lurkers (I am, by no
>choice of mine, the lurker-in-chief). The last thing we need on New Framers
>are large numbers of cross-posts to both lists, confronting those of us on
>both lists with double the message traffic.

Well, yes, but... <g>  I'm still on Brad's list too; and he *didn't* unsub
me.  (I thought he had at first because I had received no posts for hours,
but then they started to dribble in, five hours behind...)  So I'm still
answering questions there... and if I come up with a generally-useful answer,
as I did this afternoon (I hope!), I'll want to share it here too...  So,
what am I to do?  I'm afraid for some of us, double-posting what we respond
to on Brad's list here too is just going to be a fact of life, unless we
hear a public outcry against this idea...

OTOH, when I've posted here, I haven't felt any great need to copy the post
there...  Brad might even consider it off-topic, to post an answer to a
question that was asked elsewhere.  Especially if my product was mentioned
as part of the answer... and he'd be right, in that case at least.

If it makes you feel better, my sig when I post there now includes the full
instructions for subbing here... ;-)  No complaints about that yet...

>Once we get through the teething phase, I believe the quality of postings on
>Free Framers will become much higher than Brad Framers, which will motivate
>many more people to "subscribe."
>
>At the end of the day, it will be the quality difference between the two
>lists that determines what happens.

That, and response time, and quality of Web resources, and archive access...
we shall see...  Your tutorial posts about Frame/DB work, and FM+SGML, are
much appreciated.  I like the idea of these mini-master-classes... <bg>

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/