RE: Graphics question

<G> Cute, Jefro.

What I wanted was 4 pix (T,B,L,R) that I could add to an anchored frame
as needed without having to tweak the underlying image file, as then I
could reuse the same underlying image in different places in the
document.

What I will have to do now is keep a separate version of each edited
image (plus the master) in my picture folder -- probably about a 30%
increase in the number of files (already over 700) that I have to
track/maintain.

This is true if I use Snagit, Photoshop, or any other editing app.
If I save the Master as a PSD, I can use layers, but I then have to
recreate the layers for each master.
(I know, create/save a "blank" image with the four fade-out layers, and
then add the screencap as a base layer.  That is yet another pair of
steps (the images are not all the same size/dimensions, so there is
creation, then resizing, then adjusting focus/visible layers.)

Sub-optimal, but that seems to be the way of the world.

Scripting only works if the hidden/revealed areas are the same in each
image -- which is not true.

Grant

Jefro:
>     Doing it in Photoshop IS saving time & brain strain.  :)

Peter Gold:
>     If you need to do the same operation to the same
>     degree on all the graphics, consider creating a
>     batch process in PhotoShop on a directory of
>     files. You could write the originals to a
>     safe-keeping subfolder, or rename them, while
>     keeping the processed copies in the original location.
>
>     Perhaps SnagIt offers a batch operation, too?

Caroline Tabach