Re: Color in PDF - Printing in black&white

Hi,
Another approach I once used was to create two additional documents which
contain nothing but the character format definition for hyperlinks. Let's
name them 'PDF Optimization' and 'Print Optimization'.

In 'PDF Optimization' you set the character format that rules the
appearance of your hyperlinks to blue.
In 'Print Optimization' you set the same character format to black.

Then, before you create the PDF, you first import the character formats
from 'PDF Optimization' into the entire book.

Before you send your book to the printer you do the same, but you import
the character formats from 'Print Optimization'.

Of course this requires that you've been consistently using character
formats to format the hyperlinks but it's pretty flexible then and allows
you to easily modify other font properties as well, e.g. blue underlined
for PDF and black italics for print.

Regards
Rainer

Michael Cenedella <ropes12@xxxxxxxxxxx>