Re: Color in PDF - Printing in black&white

From: FIONA HANINGTON <fionahanington@xxxxxxx>
To: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Color in PDF - Printing in black&white
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:01:21 -0800

Hi framers

The xrefs in my document are blue so users will know they are links in the PDF.
This looks great online, but the problem arises when the document is printed in black and white (which is what most users will do; we are delivering online manuals only).
The xrefs come out grey and are difficult to read.

How do I generate the PDF so the links print as black? Is there a way?

If you plan to deliver only one version of the online manual, then I don't think there is anything you can do within Frame or Acrobat to cause a link to appear blue but print black.

You could provide two versions of each manual, one for online viewing and one for printing, but that's a clumsy solution. If you provide only one version, you could experiment with using a darker colour of blue (plus, perhaps, underlining) to render the links more readable when printed while still being obvious in the PDF.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers at phoenix-geophysics dot com

Q: Did you hear the one about the statistician?
A: Probably...

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5