RE: XSL version?

At 04:17 PM 3/31/2005, Webmaster wrote:
I'm modifiing the XSL to match our corporate style for her xml documents.
But currently (since we're new at this) I take her XML, and use saxon to
transform it to PDF, webpages, .chms, etc. But this isn't my job, and I'd
like to hand it back to her. Can I give her my stylesheets and let HER
output to the different formats rather than giving me the XML and me doing
it? When she trys to do this, it looks crappy and doesn't account for all
the elements used in the XML.

The ultimate goal is to separate the content from style, and anyone (her,
me, the other tech writer, engineers) with an xml editor can make
corrections to the docs, and transform it using my stylesheets.

FM does not process XSL stylesheets; it can generate a reference to such a stylesheet at the beginning of an exported XML document so that follow-on XML processes can use XSL. Any problems with the result are independent of FrameMaker.

--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development, and training
lprice@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505 cell phone: (510) 421-2284