FM7 Mac: PDF Problems fixed

Thanks to all the suggestions both on list and off about my Mac PDF problems. I still don't fully understand why the PS file fails with Distiller 5.05, but works with 6.x on XP. However, several people pointed out specific printer drivers they were using and I thought I would try some other options. I downloaded the Adobe PS printer driver (I was using the LaserWriter 8 driver), changed to that printer driver and all went well. For kicks I switched back to the LW 8 driver and again failed during the distilling process. Very odd, but now it seems that at least I have one more very acceptable solution to my PDF problems.

To answer a few questions folks have asked. This particular project started life as a FM 5.5 document, and does in fact have some custom EPS images I created in Freehand 11 in it (mostly graduated color fades used with certain paragraph styles). Anyhow, it does seem to work fine now with the Adobe printer driver, whereas it would fail with the LW printer driver (odd because I know Apple worked closely with Adobe when developing each revision of the LW software).

Anyhow, a big thanks to everybody for their help on this one... the crashing problem is something I guess I'll just have to live with, it stinks, but as somebody mentioned it doesn't take long to get Classic and FrameMaker restarted once it crashes.

Wayne