RE: E-editing

Deanna:

Since everyone in your group has FrameMaker, the
easiset way is to mark editing changes in FrameMaker
using different conditional text settings to identify
each writer's editing by creating a different
conditional text setting for each writer, having a
distinguishing style/color to identify each writer's
editing. You can set up a "strikethrough" conditional
text style to apply strikethroughs to content which is
recommended to be deleted or to indicate that the
stricken-through text should be replaced with the
reviewing writer's changes. Also, the Comment
conditional text setting can be used to keep writer
comments separate from actual editing changes.

At the end of the editing process, you can restore all
or selected conditional text to unconditional
--- "Korth, Deanna" <deanna.korth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I should have been more specific. "Our group" is the
> technical writing
> team. We all have FrameMaker, and the editing I'm
> talking about is for
> each other. We already have a system for SME
> reviews. The technical
> writers want to edit each other's work on-screen.
> How do you all do
> that? What are your systems for editing on-screen?

=====
Dan Emory & Associates
DW Emory <danemory7224@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>