Re: Dov's help, Shooting the messenger, Fruitless posts

Crap!

But I don't blame Dov, his retreat makes sense.

And, mostly, I don't blame us. In the absense of information, in the
absense of visible useful programmatic changes to FrameMaker, in the
absence of fixes to long-time bugs, and in the presence of a retreat
from platforms like the Macintosh, increased nervous speculation on
list seems ... well ... reasonable, if also fruitless.

I have learned much from Dov over the years, and appreciate that, and
try to pass on his wisdom to others. Many of the questions that Dov
fields today are repeats of what he has fielded in the past -- Adobe
has not addressed the programmatic source of those questions.

I wish Dov would hang around, just to field the rare gem that arises,
and because I genuinely like the guy, his sense of humour, and
perspective.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:53:21 -0500, TechComm Dood
<techcommdood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks to all who chased away such a valuable Acrobat resource from
> this list. I cannot believe how bad the "chicken little" syndrome has
> gotten here as of late. Those of you pushing and prying on this list
> should be ashamed of yourselves for acting in such a manner, and
> should take your concerns up with your FrameMaker support or sales
> contact, NOT a user-oriented mailing list independent of Adobe. And
> certainly not an Adobe associate who has given more time than I
> believe anyone else on this list to help us all troubleshoot our
> Acrobat issues.
>
> Dov is the reason why Save As finally works in FM 7. Dov is the reason
> why the job options for Acrobat have become more robust and have an
> interface via FM. Dov worked with each and every odd technical issue
> regarding Acrobat that was posted to this list to ensure the issues
> experienced were reproducible, and then worked to resolve them if not
> in Acrobat as a product, then by documenting a better workflow to
> resolve the issue.
>
> On the topic of FM's future availability, please stop asking. If you
> cannot be satisfied with an answer of "we won't know until Adobe
> officially announces something" then please take it up with your
> direct Adobe contact and stop fishing for bad clues among your peers
> here on the list. Such fishing is obviously not sitting well with
> other list members (certainly not me).

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.