RE: FrameMaker's Future

> I've never had reason to use Epic Interchange. I can't even remember whether
> it's an add-on at cost right now.

I believe it requires its own license.

> However, you may find that as much as 60% or even 80% of your content
> is identical. Once your database is populated with one or two
> representative files, conversion becomes something you do very
> infrequently.

In fact, we pre-authored in FrameMaker to create repersentative chunks where there had been multiple, independently authored sections that were "supposed" to say the same thing. Within such a chunk, some content was conditionalized (profiled is the term once you're in Epic), again, before conversion.

------
Paul Nagai

Tsunami relief portal:
http://www.networkforgood.org/