Text disappearing in PDF

Hi Shlomo, Dov et aliii

I am generating PDFs for some books and sometimes some texts
disappear.

The disappeared texts are not special, have no special character or
paragraph format, no condition, no color applied and disappear in a
random manner: a line here, another line there, a range of line
somewhere, etc.

Also it's inconstant. As soon a PS file distilled shows the problem, I
produce another PS, with the same settings and the distilled PS
appears correct. Compared, these two PS files had a lot of
differences.

The settings:
Windows XP, FrameMaker 7, Printer - Adobe PDF, Paper Size - A4,
Quality - Prinergy Pages (almost the same as Press Quality).
Distiller 6 with the same Prinergy settings.

The problem also appears with the Press Quality settings and with a
small paper size (120 x 150mm).
I saw the same problem with the Save As PDF (with the same settings).
What I will test now is to reduce the dpi setting from 2400 to 1200.

Another little annoying problem with PDFs is that when I delete a
page, some lines of text lost the width of the characters and appears
one over another, a mess. Saving the file resolve, but ...

TIA

Furia