Re: Bleed tabs and registration marks

If you check Generate Acrobat Data, the page will always be cropped to 8.5 x
11. If you need Acrobat Data (for bookmarks, etc.), the best approach would
be to create an oversized page in FrameMaker and put in your own crop and
registration marks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585 659-8267
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.frameexpert.com

> > Select a page size bigger than 8.5x11 in Page Setup.
>
> I've been trying to do that.  What I am confused by is that there are
several places to adjust page size.  For example, I can alter the page size
of the actual Framemaker document, the page size in the PDF setup, and the
paper size for the Acrobat Distiller printer.

> It seems to me that the Framemaker page layout should remain at 8.5x11
inches and that the "paper" for the PDF should be 11x17.  When I try doing
this in various ways, I see an error message indicating that the
registration marks will not fit on the paper selected.  The resulting PDF is
always 8.5x11 with no bleed or registration marks.

> I must be doing something wrong but with so many variables, I'm not sure
what.  I have tried and am continuing to try many different combinations of
settings.