RE: Keeping at least 3 bullet items contiguous

fred ma wrote:

> I have a paragraph format for bulleted "paragraphs".  They
> are actually short items in a sometimes lengthy list.  I
> don't want less than 3 items appearing contiguously because
> it can be confusing.  Is there a way to enforce this? <snip>

As several people have suggested, you can do this with multiple pgf
tags. But, then you end up with umpteen additional tags in the pgf
catalog, and you're still making these sorts of pagination decisions
manually on a case-by-case basis (deciding which Keep With variant of
your bullet pgf to apply at which point).

For these kinds of pagination decisions, I prefer to use a pgf tag
called PageBreak, which has Space Below set to 600 pts. Thus, it forces
the following pgf to the next page.

The PageBreak pgf can be used between any two pgfs, so it takes the
place of all those Keep With variants of your standard pgf tags. In WWP,
I map PageBreak to nothing, so it's simply discarded. And when the text
flow changes, it's easy to find and delete unnecessary PageBreak pgfs.

I find this more flexible and elegant. YMMV.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer