Re: Is FrameMaker 7.1 compatible with WebWorks Professional 6.0?

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:45:04 -0600, "Grant Hogarth"
<Grant.Hogarth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Also, I believe that there is a bug with FM7.1p114/WWP Pro 7.0.6.1058
>and graphics.
>(at least I've had severe problems with
>1. Graphics that I have added callouts to
>2. Equation Editor/FrameMath equations.
>
>(The workaround for both is to paste graphic/equation into blank
>document , save document as HTML, and the import the resulting GIF.)

When you do that, you are really using Frame's internal graphics
export filters.  We do that with Mif2Go, and we let you choose
the output format from BMP, TIFF, WMF, JPEG (default), GIF, PNG,
EPS, PICT, CGM, or IGES.  Frame 7.1 adds SVG and PDF.  The new
graphic files are named with the FileID and the ObjectID of the
anchored frame they were in.  (If a frame contains more than one
image, it's still one graphic file.)  We then reference them in
the .htm, .xml, or .rtf file we create.  Much simpler.  ;-)

In your case, the easy workaround would be to use the sample
verson of Mif2Go to produce all the graphics for your book in
one shot, then import them elsewhere as you choose.  (Of course,
it would be even easier to have Mif2Go do the whole job... ;-)
You can download the current sample version (free) at:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download/samp33u40.zip

  <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>  http://www.omsys.com/